Monday, September 29, 2008

Holidays? An Excuse To Work!

It's always better on holiday
So much better on holiday
That's why we only work when
We need the money.....!

Those are some of the lyrics from Franz Ferdinand song "Jacqueline"
I mention this because it basically sum up the last two weeks of my life, Work Work Work!

This is despite the fact i had been told it was a "teaching recess" or as my mind translated it "holiday" seems I did everything but.

I mention this because I figured out what’s been driving me for the last two weeks. The all almighty dollar or more commonly known as Money!

Yes Money, money, money, Must be funny, in the rich man's world. Thing is I ain’t no rich man and it's no laughing matter :(

You see I am a simple man with simple needs and one of these need is money, and lots of it. But it seem I can never have enough. i mean can anyone have too much money?

And the only way to get money is work. (Despite my best efforts, I can't find a money tree!)

I say all this because I believe have an addiction. An addiction of the worst kind! An addiction to work!

Every time I return to the real word, (that horrible place outside of student life) I find myself begging my boss for more hours at work.

Of course he’s more than happy to work me to death (not really) and does his best to find me some hours. Still being sane don't take every hour because I do have a life right.....! :/ Ummm?

This is all fine and good; I have created a nice balance between work and play and now have two blissful weeks of Tecless work. But then there’s the times I’m not at work.

I find myself sitting in front of the television (or as my parents once called it, the "Idiot box"), bored out of my mind. And I start to think, I could be working right now!

Then the nagging feeling creeps up inside of me "I should have taken those extra hours" "Then I may have had enough money to get that DVD I wanted" "I mean come on Rhys! your a poor student, work dam it work!"

In the end I guess I’m just getting older and becoming a money hungry capitalist dog. Well to that I say “Woof Woof!”

No comments: